was a more recent one), based on about 1,005 participants
who had received a promotional product in the past 24 months.
How do recipients feel about receiving a promotional product? What purpose do they think the item serves? What actions do they take? These are crucial questions every advertiser should know and understand, as the answers can have a dramatic impact on their ROI.
How Consumers Feel
• 83% of American consumers surveyed like receiving a promotional product with an advertising message
• 48% would like to receive promotional products more often
• 38% feel promotional products serve as a constant reminder of the advertiser
How Consumers Act
If free promotional products were being handed out by an advertiser at an event/mall/tradeshow which of the following actions would consumers most likely take?
According to these survey respondents, promotional products help resonate advertising messages. When asked to think of a promotional product they had received in the past two years and to recall 1) the specific product, 2) the advertiser, and 3) the message -- a whopping 76.2% recalled all three key pieces of information.
The Staying Power
Promotional products are powerful, both as effective forms of communication and as useable, necessary tools. The following results reveal just how seamlessly promotional products integrate into life, impacting the daily routines of the recipients.
• 91% had at least one promotional product in their kitchen
• 74% had at least one promotional product in their work area
• 55% had at least one promotional product in their bedroom closet/storage space
Like promotional products.
Keep promotional products.
Want more promotional products.
And, to illustrate the direct impact to your bottom line, add in the impressive recall rate
and strong purchase habits post-receipt.